Sunday, January 20, 2013

New adventures with food

At the start of the year, I wrote about wanting to be a better vegetarian. For me, this meant introducing new foods. I have had some success and am starting to become more open-minded.

The spaghetti-bake with spaghetti squash was good. I will do that again. The Yummy Couscous Salad was also good (that will be reviewed in a separate post). I will be doing that again. But then tonight, the Thai-Peanut stir-fry on quinoa was an epic failure. And luckily for us, there are tons of left-overs. Yay. I can't even describe how excited this makes me.

I knew once I started the recipe that it was a poor choice but I felt committed to continue. And I figured I liked my other experiments....right? But not tonight. On the bright side, at least I've learned and confirmed a few things:
  1. Trying *new* foods can be rewarding
  2. But using recipes that contain items that I *know* I don't like is probably a bad idea.
  3. Giving up on one recipe part-way in to start another with random modifications is also probably a bad idea
  4. I do not like soya sauce
  5. Peanut butter cannot fix everything (although it did slightly help)

I won't be sharing the recipe(s) from tonight. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment