Sunday, February 24, 2013

Groceries & Food planning

I posted a few weeks ago about how was disappointed with my grocery cart. It was full of processed crap, except for the veggies (which were mainly for the rabbits) Today was a different story. Sure, we could do better but I'm still content.

This Ovo-Vegetarian's Grocery List
  • Carrots
  • Lettuce
  • Apples
  • Bananas
  • Green pepper, red pepper
  • Kale
  • Celery
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Clementines
  • Grapefruit
  • Spaghetti squash
  • Salsa
  • Beans (lentils, black beans, mixed beans)
  • Spaghetti sauce
  • Couscous
  • Eggs
  • Baking/Cooking stuff (bay leaves, ground flax, cumin, extra virgin olive oil, chocolate chips)
  • Frozen fruit (for smoothies)
  • Almond milk
  • Soy pudding (never had this before)
  • A new-to-me soy cheese (since I didn't like Daiya)
  • 1 container of coconut yogurt
  • Juice boxes (I know, not great)
  • Cookies (just ignore this one)
  • Dark chocolate (and this one too)
All in all, I think I did pretty good. I will likely spend a good chunk of time in the kitchen tomorrow. I hope to make either brownies and/or muffins, a recipe using kale, kale chips, and a lentil dish.

Meals this week will likely include spaghetti, a casserole, quesadillas, and loaded potatoes. Lunches will consist of leftovers, a raisin naan bread thing, veggies etc, and the lentil dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment