Sunday, February 3, 2013

More stuff to check out

Meet your Meat:


This is one of the more graphic videos on the meat industry. Some parts are really hard to watch. It has prompted me to make more vegan choices, but I think it would be more effective to have a longer documentary with a balance of in-your-face graphic stuff with more information-based stuff. At the same time, that would decrease the shock value. If you choose to watch this, you can't say I didn't warn you! I didn't embed the video due to the graphic content.

A Cow at my Table:

I don't really have a lot to say about this documentary. It looks into attitudes on the meat industry and the fight between the industry and animal rights activists. It was interesting because of the Canadian content but the documentary just didn't grab me, which is unfortunate because it does have valid points. I've embedded the trailer but the full-length documentary is linked in the title. Some parts may be difficult to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment