Saturday, March 23, 2013

Huh. Eggplant *isn't* icky

I was away from home recently so I could visit family. My mom is super accommodating with my dietary restrictions and is willing to try new recipes when I visit. She asked if I have ever tried eggplant. I said no, but that I would try it.

Now, I believe I have previously referred to it as 'icky eggplant' on here and I have definitely ruled out recipes based on the inclusion of eggplant. So, I fully expected it to be 'icky'...based on my scientific evidence of assumption.

However, this scientific method is flawed (I know, shocker, eh?). I made Eggplant Parmesan from Oh She Glows and it is really good. So good that it will be making a regular appearance in my recipe rotation. The downside? I have to find other recipes that use eggplant because while my husband tried it and said it was 'ok', he's not quite on board. I likely wouldn't make the full recipe just for myself.

Please forgive the poor picture quality. I was hungry and impatient. It tasted better than it looks. And pretend the (Daiya) cheese looks nice. It got all clumpy the first time and wouldn't spread well so I sprinkled a bit more. I suggest that you check out the actual recipe link for a pretty picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment