Thursday, March 7, 2013

Oh the cravings!

I am *so* close to being 3 weeks dairy-free. But today, I would do very evil things for cheese.

Earlier it was milk chocolate causing issues. I solved that by buying Easter chocolate and telling myself it was for later. And I haven't touched it. (this is a miracle).

Right now, though, the issue is cheese. My craving is so bad that:
  • It seems logical to drive 10+ hours to order my hometown pizza
  • I couldn't eat supper with my husband because he had cheese-y leftovers
  • I could smell the cheese from the other side of the house, where I was yelling out to him so we could still have our end-of-the-day chat
  • I contemplated having a tantrum so someone would encourage me to eat dairy
I figure my inner-child is being a pest right now and the best course of action is to strangle her. Unfortunately, I'm not even sure how that would work. So, instead, I decided to try a new yummy recipe. I'm having Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes for supper. Well, probably. Unless I burn them (since I'm typing this as they cook).

I will post a review another day. As long as you promise not to criticize the pictured finished product. Let's just say I cannot flip a pancake to save my life. Maybe my version should be called Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Clumpies.

No comments:

Post a Comment