Once I tried the Eggplant Parmesan (blogged here), I needed another recipe to use up the remaining eggplant. So I made an Eggplant Ratatouille. It's based off of a recipe in 150 Vegan Favourites, but I did make some changes. The original recipe includes macaroni. I think it would be good on its own and would likely serve mine over rice if I were to add something to the dish.
- 1/3 cup onion
- garlic (amount according to taste preference)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced eggplant
- 1 cup chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 can of diced tomatoes (preferably flavoured and diced way smaller than what is pictured)
- spaghetti sauce (amount according to taste preference)
- choice of seasoning (Italian spice, etc)
- Fry the onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, eggplant, and chickpeas over medium heat.
- Add your choice of seasoning and stir in the tomatoes and spaghetti sauce and simmer for ten-ish minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.