Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Five Months In....

So, here we are. Five months into vegetarianism. Not much has changed in the past month. I continue to have tons of energy...and I continue to struggle slightly with avoiding dairy. But, it's getting better. My cravings are less intense. It seems that I slip up about once per week and it's always the same story....At the end of a Tuesday workday as I drive back to the office I get the urge to stop for a quick snack. My plan to address this is to take a muffin with me specifically for the end of the day. And if I want a 'treat' I can have a frozen raspberry lemonade.

But that's only addressing one obstacle. Sometimes life makes things complicated. This week I will be driving during two of my lunches so I will need to get creative. I haven't figured it out yet.

And other times, things are less complicated than anticipated. I went to a work conference/training thing last week and wasn't sure what to expect for lunch. I had let them know I am a vegetarian, but when I signed up I wasn't dairy-free. I lucked out. Lunch was a selection of sandwiches, and assuming the bread was dairy-free (many are), I made out ok. I had brought along a few cookies from home so I wouldn't feel ripped off as everyone scarfed down the provided options.

Overall, I would have to say that I've become less picky and more adventurous. I hope to continue trying new recipes, tweaking them as I go along. I also plan to start informally tracking my food because I've noticed a slip to not-so-healthy choices.

Anyway, it's time to move on with my day. I need to get some baking done and clean the house. (It's Sunday as I type this, but it won't be posted until later in the week). Right now I'm procrastinating because I should put bunny-Naveen in her cage but she's playing in the sunshine. The current game is flop over, roll, get up, and repeat. She's getting closer and closer to her cage so eventually I won't need to feel guilty about locking her in.

No comments:

Post a Comment