Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tofu Pita Souvlaki

When I started my blog, I never thought it would become so recipe oriented. At the time, I cooked once a week...and even then I tried to get out of it.

But here we are. Tonight's 'recipe' isn't really a recipe. It's more of a meal idea because I didn't make any measurements of anything. Basically, I had tofu souvlaki and my husband had chicken souvlaki. Because I can't have dairy, I whipped up sauce that was my own version of tzatziki sauce. Sure, it wasn't exactly the same but I knew my creation wouldn't cause a headache or make me all bloated and stuff. Win win.

Ingredients:

  • Pita bread
  • Tofu
  • Cucumber
  • Tofutti Better than Sour Cream
  • Mayo
  • White balsamic vinegar
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Bell pepper
  • Tomato
  • And whatever veggies you want

Steps:

  1. Chop up some cucumber and mix in a combination of tofutti and mayo. Add a dash of white balsamic vinegar. Mix it all up and adjust according to your taste preferences. Set aside.
  2. Chop up onion, garlic, bell pepper, tomato and whatever veggies you want. Set aside.
  3. Fry up your tofu.
  4. Heat your pita bread. Add tofu, veggies, and a crapload of sauce. Wrap in tinfoil for less mess.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment