However, since I'm not always super alert, it can cause issues. Today, I didn't have any major disasters. But I did mess up the recipe.
I decided to make vegan granola bars from yummymummykitchen.com. At the end of this recipe, it says you can add more syrup if they seem too dry. Well, mine did. So I added more syrup and more peanut butter. It was only after placing them in the pan and coming back to my computer that I realized I forgot the coconut oil. And I mixed the chocolate chips *in* the mixture instead of drizzling melted chocolate chips on top. Oops! I will have to go back and make *the actual* recipe one day. Here's what I did instead:
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup (although I do find them a bit too sweet)
- 2 tsp of chia seeds (I would use more next time but I ran out)
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 pan with tinfoil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Press mixture into prepared dish.
- Chill until hardened.
- Cut into squares (I did 12 squares) and store in refrigerator.