In some ways, the past two weeks have a been a bit calmer. But I haven't had the chance to try out many new recipes or take many pictures of anything.
I have grand plans for the weekend. We spent yesterday cleaning out the bunnies and doing some shopping. Today, I hope to do some baking, cleaning, gardening, reading, and knitting. It sounds like a busy day.
But no busy day should start without a little procrastination. Right?
(Some) Stuff I Ate
|Grilled veggie wrap. |
Not so great with eggplant.
|A bean salad on top of regular salad|
If you can't tell, the glass is pretty tiny. I had to smash the ice cube a bit to get it to fit. Anyway, it's rimmed with a bit of chocolate syrup and then dipped in graham cracker crumbs. At 35% alcohol and 70 proof, it's a bit much for this lightweight. However, if I were to mix it with something, it may just be tame enough that I can have more than a sip without getting tipsy. Maybe.
Stuff I Want to Eat
In the rest of my life
- You know those artichoke hearts that I wanted to buy 2 weeks ago, but they were expired? They are *still* in the refrigerator section of my grocery store. I think I need a new grocery store. One that doesn't try to sell things that expired 16 days ago.
- I spent more time outside with the bunnies
- I finished reading Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking (it's interesting)
- I'm still reading A Fraction of the Whole (it's huge!) and The Dovekeepers
- I've started reading Eating Animals
- On my radar: Chocolate pancakes
- I will likely post about the granola bars and/or mousse later this week, in case you are wondering how they turned out
|Zayne looking grumpy (with |
Behr in the carrier hiding from the *evil* grass)