With all of that going on, this past week has been the longest one ever, which is probably why I have so many pictures to share.
(Some) Stuff I Ate:
|Portabella Pizza with Naan garlic bread|
|Gluten-free dairy free cupcake!|
|Veggie Kabobs - made by someone |
else. And the nice thing about someone
else making them is that they include
the things that I'm too lazy to take
the extra step for (like carrots)
|Coconut fudge bar. Yum.|
Stuff I want to EatThis week is going to be pretty hot again, so basically we will be BBQing as much as we can. And by 'we', I naturally mean my husband. Grocery shopping was a pain this week because our usual store continues to let us down. We had to make an extra stop and could only buy portabella mushrooms in a pack of four. My husband doesn't like mushrooms. Guess what I will be eating a lot of?
- Veggie burger topped with portabella mushroom
- Stuffed Portabella mushroom
- Veggie dog?
- Grilled veggies
In the Rest of My Life
- I believe I mentioned earlier my coworkers are awesome. Please refer to exhibit 'awesome'.
- Our garden is growing like mad. Weeds included. See exhibit 'we need a gardener'
- I finished MORE books! I'm a reading machine. Kind of. I mostly enjoyed It's Kind of a Funny Story. It's written from a youth perspective and has a realness to it, which slightly wanes once he...well, I won't ruin it for you.
- I also enjoyed Escape from Camp 14. It's about an individuals experience in North Korea and his eventual escape. There was a good balance of personal story and information.
- And then I finished Little Bee. This was pretty good.
- Now I'm reading The China Study and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
- Coming up in my life I am expecting a visit from my gardener sister and her amazing little girl. The countdown is on!
- There will be a cook-off proving that my vegan mashed potatoes are better (or equal to) my husband's mashed potatoes....*and* a challenge that will pit my dairy-free oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies against my husband's cookies. I shall win and take over the world.
- What to expect in the blog? Uh, I have no clue. I'm hearing crickets.
|Exhibit We Need a Gardener|