Sunday, June 16, 2013

Miessence Foundation (Review)

Previously, I used Almay Smart Shade foundation. I liked the price point (18.99 on well.ca) and Almay's cruelty-free status. Things changed in the cruelty-free claim so I began my hunt for a better foundation.

I started by ordering a sample of Miessence foundation. The sample cost $8 (with tax and shipping) and I was mostly satisfied, so I ordered the actual product.

The good:
  • It works better than the Almay foundation. I don't get shiny nearly as quickly.
  • And that's pretty much it.

The bad:
  • If I worked with little kids there would be a problem. At first, they would love me. But then that would wear off because while I smell like Play-Doh they would be let down when they realized I am not made of Play-Doh. Yes, that's right. Miessence has a Play-Doh odour.
  • The sample I ordered was an ok texture....but the real deal is watery. It may get better in time, but I've been using it for a week and it's still watery.
  • So, at $80 (including shipping and tax), this will not be a repeat purchase.  

1 comment:

  1. holy mother frick that is a f*ck of a lot to pay for foundation. at that price it should be magical

    ReplyDelete