Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bug Bites & Blisters: Wrapping up (a little late)

The highlight of last week was the arrival of my sister and my niece. I don't get to see them often so it's a pretty big deal. In fact, it's a big enough deal that I was willing to suffer bug bites and blisters to spend time outside with them. It was great to see the other family members too, of course.

Anyway, this isn't really an off-topic post, so I should refocus on the food stuff, right?

(Some) Stuff I Ate:

A mediocre veggie burger at a local spot



Sweet Potato Burger
(recipe review to follow)



Vegan Tales for the Lazy Baker
I'm not sure what this is called,
so I title it: Food Made by
Someone Else


 

Stuff I Want to Eat

I actually have no plans for the week. I'm not sure how much I will be home or where I will be spending most of my meals. If it is at home, I would hazard a guess that I will be having much of the same (grilled veggies, veggie burger, etc). The weather is gross I'm-going-to-melt weather so I have no intention of running the stove.
 
We (Ok, mostly me) are hoping that it cools down enough to follow through with the mashed potato and cookie cook off to prove that vegan food is awesome. And I also plan to make something special for my awesome co-workers. I've made the treat and posted about it before, so don't get excited thinking I'm making something new. I just can't tell you because once upon a time a co-worker had my blog link. I'm not sure that she still reads it, but I don't want to ruin the surprise - just in case.
 

The Rest of my Life

  • In case you missed it, we have visitors this week
  • One of these visitors should weed my garden while she visits
  • I'm still reading The China Study and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children...Probably because I made it through a super annoying level of Candy Crush and that has been somewhat distracting. Or because I have visitors. Or maybe because The China Study, while mostly interesting, is slightly dry.
  • Coming up: more info on the sweet potato burger (pictured above)
My tiny little visitor

No comments:

Post a Comment