Monday, July 1, 2013

Vegan Tails for the Lazy Baker

Happy Canada Day!!

I decided to celebrate by making Vegan Tails, a modification to Beavertails. You can read more about Beaver Tails here.

And when I say that I made Vegan Tails, please remember that I'm lazy. I didn't make the real thing. For starters, any recipe I found for Beaver Tails requires having yeast. Only real bakers have yeast.

And then there would have been kneading of dough, a rolling pin, and a deep fryer. Those are all kitchen tools and skills that I avoid.

So, what did I make? The next best thing. I made Vegan Tails for the lazy baker.

Ingredients:

  • Naan bread, 2 pieces
  • Oil or melted vegan butter (I didn't measure)
  • 3 tbs brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • other toppings of your choosing

Directions

  1. Mix together your brown sugar and cinnamon.
  2. Place the Naan bread on a cookie sheet and brush on the oil or melted butter. It should cover the Naan bread very well.
  3. Sprinkle the sugar topping over the bread.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees....for a while. My Naan bread was frozen and I baked it for 15 minutes or so. You don't really want it to get crispy so don't over bake (types the vague blogger).
  5. Remove and serve warm with or without extra toppings. (I quickly mixed up a small batch of icing to drizzle on top).
  6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment