Friday, August 30, 2013

Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream

My in-laws are visiting this weekend, which means I should be cleaning. And nothing says preparation like a little procrastination, right? As such, I figured it was the perfect time for a blog post (while secretly hoping the kitchen will clean itself).

I recently (as in a month ago and never blogged about it) made Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream from The Healthy Family and Home.

I liked that the recipe does not have a gazillion ingredients. I don't like that I followed the suggestion to put the mixture into a glass bread pan because I spilt it *everywhere*.

The flavour is good. But the texture is off. The recipe suggests to store it in the fridge for soft-serve consistency or in the freezer for traditional ice cream texture. So I popped it into the freezer. Now, I'm not sure if I did something wrong, or if my freezer is way too cold (everything else freezes perfectly, so....) but I don't typically find that traditional ice cream texture is similar to dried concrete. I need a sledgehammer to get it out of the pan and into my bowl.

Edited: I have since tested this recipe out again and tested it in the fridge. It was not like soft-serve ice cream. It was like melted ice cream that you forgot in the trunk of your car on a hot day. (Um, what? Not everyone has done that? Oh).

Anyway, the flavour is still good but the choice is either concrete or drippy mess.


Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream,
pre-concrete stage, pre-freezing

No comments:

Post a Comment