As usual, I made alterations to the recipe.
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (the original recipe called for honey)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dry oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies*
- 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil on the stove. Remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Pour into a pan and cool in the fridge.
* the original recipe called for 2 cups of oats and no Rice Krispies. I like the crunch that my alteration provided.