Saturday, October 5, 2013

A conversation with my husband

My husband just finished eating chips and peanut butter cups. I mostly behaved myself. I was hungry though, so I asked him for some snack suggestions.

Him:  twigs and berries?
Me:   oooh. I thought you were going to suggest Twix. That would be good. If only....
Him:  why are you so obsessed with food you can't have? You must like migraines.
Me:  um, how about you try a day being dairy-free?

(He wouldn't even last ten minutes without milk in his coffee)

Him:  I don't want to.
Me:  Come on, I challenge you. Just one day.

Him (trying to change the subject and being completely serious with the following snack suggestion):  why don't you go have a banana, or a pumpkin, or something?

Me: A pumpkin?


Yep. That's right. He is so helpful.

Instead of his pumpkin suggestion, I opted for toast with hazelnut butter. Yummy. And nothing like a pumpkin.

1 comment:

  1. save some of that hazelnut butter for me to try when I visit in Nov.

    ReplyDelete