It looks like the weather jumped from summer to winter and missed fall completely. But while mother nature may not respect tradition, my kitchen does.
I got this recipe from my sister, who got it from someone else. After taste testing, I adapted the original recipe for round two and am satisfied with the results.
It should make about 18-24 muffins depending on your preferred muffin size.
- 1 medium banana
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips (check labels if you want the vegan stuff)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and mash banana. Stir in applesauce, pumpkin, vegetable oil, and sugar.
- Combine baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture into muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees F for 16 to 20 minutes.