I used the veggie ground round, but I would much prefer beans, so that is what I will use next time.
Feel free to play with quantities of things. This was quickly put together and will likely be modified each time I make it.
- either 1/2 cup of veggie ground round or red kidney beans
- garlic clove, divided
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 a can of Campbell's condensed tomato soup (set aside 1tbs)
- cup of veggies (you could use corn but we use peas & carrots)
- 1.5 cups of potatoes for mashing
- some earth balance
- almond milk
- the remaining garlic
- ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of mixed beans
- a sprinkle of veggies (corn, peas, green onion, whatever - just something to add colour)
- a drizzle of BBQ sauce & remaining soup mixture
DirectionsIt seems pretty self explanatory, but here you go...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your potatoes, boil water, and throw them into the pot.
- In a skillet, heat your onion, garlic, and protein base (beans or veggie ground round). Once heated through, put it in your bread dish.
- Add 1/2 cup (minus a tbs) of the condensed soup. Mix up.
- Add your veggies.
- When your potatoes are ready, mash them (don't forget to add the garlic you set aside) and put them on top of the veggies.
- Add your toppings and drizzle your sauce.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.