I like this recipe because it is really easy and not that time consuming.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup of applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Form the dough into round balls and roll each ball around in a bowl of sugar. Place the balls on a cookie sheet and flatten them slightly. (I find it is helpful to chill the dough first, but that's up to you)
- Bake cookies for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Let them cool and then enjoy!
Other versions: As I mentioned above, this is the version that all testers preferred. The other options were Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (same recipe, just add vegan chocolate chips), and the same cookies minus the sugar rolling but with a frosting/glaze on top.