I also adjusted quantities to yield fewer servings.
Overall, I enjoyed the recipe and I would make it again if I needed to use up some squash.
- 1/2 tbsp. Earth Balance (or other dairy free butter alternative)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2.5 cups of spaghetti squash (I partially cooked mine in the microwave first)
- 1/2 cup vegan breadcrumbs (I used a mix of breadcrumbs and flavoured croutons)
- 1 tbsp. soy parmesan
- dash of spices of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small frying pan, sauté your mushrooms, onion, and chickpeas in butter. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring broth, almond milk, and garlic to a boil and let boil at medium-high for a minute.
- Slowly whisk in the flour and reduce heat to a simmer to allow the mixture to thicken slightly.
- Add your mushrooms, chickpeas, onion, and squash. Stir ingredients so squash is well covered with sauce.
- Transfer to a bread pan.
- In a small bowl, mix your breadcrumbs, soy parm, and spices. Sprinkle on top of the squash mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.